Monday, February 25, 2013

week of 02-17 thru 02-24

 It's been really wet and cold here in Waimea.
I know I shouldn't complain about it since we can still drive down to beach and have nice weather but I just don't like being super cold in our house!! (for those of you who are wondering why I say I'm feeling cold in Hawaii- we live 2500ft above sea level, on the bottom of Mt.Mauna Kea which is covered with snow now!)
最近ここワイメアはとても寒くて雨が多いです。
少し運転したらビーチに快晴!という恵まれたところにいるのだから文句は言えないはずなのですが、ただ家の中にいるのに寒いのが嫌いな私。(ちなみに、なんでハワイなのに寒いの?と思っていらっしゃる方、ここは標高約800メートル、世界一(水面から数えたら)高いマウナケア山の麓にあります。そして今頂上は雪で覆われている〜サブッ)


So, we've been working on some projects and the kids have been stuck in the house with their dinosaurs, dvds etc. I do have to admit that I've been a bad mom to let the dvds babysit my children!

ということで私たちは家に閉じこもることが多く、色んなプロジェクトをしてみました。子供たちは恐竜。DVDなどなど。。ただ正直な告白をさせてもらいますと、私、母親失格です。ついつい子供たちの守りをDVDに任せてしまっています。

Here is Ian's gundam figure.

 a healthy Japanese/Korean meal. I just bought a bag of 12grain mixed rice to add to our white&brown rice. It gave a nice pink color to it and got some nice texture to our "normal" rice.
 Speaking of healthy meal.. This guy found a jar full of m&m's that I accidentally left in his room right before he fell a sleep for his nap. It seems like that he ate a whole bunch and happily fell asleep and still holding the jar making sure no one else takes it! So Kyle. He is obsessed with food!!!
 The boys and the baby sitter(dvd). Look how well they behave!
 Ian's been a wonderful gardener planting some veggies and herbs in our little back yard space.


 my knitting project for Kyle. I've been wanting to buy a cute sweater from my favorite kids brands like GAP etc.. but can never afford them! So I knitted it. Almost done. cost $3.50 for the yarn! really, that's it!!!



3 comments:

Miyuki said...

めっちゃすごいー!ちよちゃん、編み物上手だねー⭐
ところで、ハワイ島の生活はどう?私たちコナも視野に入れてるんだけど、住みやすい?

Anonymous said...

智世ちゃん、料理も編み物も頑張ってるね!
イアンの家庭菜園も(;´Д`)スバラスィ
子供たちがお行儀座りして何とも日本人らしくて笑いました。

mana said...

セーターめっちゃかわいいね!
わたしもテレビに子守りさせてること多いよ〜汗。ていうか子どもたちのDVDもしかして教会のビデオとか?すごい教育的でいいじゃん!