It was very stressful week.
Monday-went to our friend's house for dinner since they wanted to clean up their freezer full of fish they caught a while ago. we were all happy going there and were having a wonderful time with them. After the dinner, Kyle came to my lap and sitting there. I noticed that he was eating some of my left over on my plate(I know, he is like a dog!) so I told him to spit it out and not to do it. But it was too late. He ate fish bones and started to scream!! Ian who was sitting right in front of me was trying to get the bone out by putting his finger in Kyle's throat but nothing worked. He threw up everything he ate with some blood. We decided to take him to ER. It took good four hours for him to finally get home from the hospital. They took x-ray and couldn't see anything so they didn't do anything.. He would wake up once in a while screaming and not taking any liquid so I couldn't sleep. I went online and searched EVERYWHERE!
And here is the thing that I found that worked.
Have him drink vinegar. yes. VINEGAR.
In the morning, he wanted to eat some rice but was hurting so much that he couldn't eat.
I gave him vinegar. Lo and behold, he started asking for more rice and juice and all kind of things to eat.
He was fine after all!!!!! It was stressful enough to have your child go thru this kind of incident and on top of it, I had another person in my house to scourge me for this. I was in wreck. I know a lot of it was my fault but it just simply happens. Hope it counts that at least I learned the trick and the prevention..
Tuesday afternoon(a few hours after the fish bone incident)
Sean was in the bathroom for his #2 and didn't let me come in. So I was waiting in the kitchen getting dinner ready. He came out of bathroom holding/chewing his fluoride tablets like candies!!! He is supposed to take one per day but I counted that he ate 13 of them!!!!! I quickly called poison control(one of those things I've learned to have this number handy, right?) and found out that it was a safe dosage. But the lady on the phone was super rude to me because I speak English with accent. She treated me like a stupid person(well, maybe I just felt like it since I was called stupid the day before..) and she said that if he ever threw up, then we should take him to ER.
Sure enough, he threw up. But my husband told me that he is not taking his kids to ER two days in a row!
I re-think about it and felt that Sean should be alright since his body rejected the pills and most of it must have come out. We didn't take him in to ER this time. heewwwwww
OK, I didn't store the pills within his reach. I stored it in a high up medicine cabinet with its door shut and the container had a child proof lid on it!! I can't believe what this kid can do..
Saturday
Kyle was taking a nap and Sean was watching a DVD.
Ian and I had to talk for a little bit outside the door and I heard a baby screaming.
It was Kyle..with a huge bruise in his eye lid.
He said "Sean hit me".
It was horrible enough that I'm calling it "rainbow eye" in stead of "black eye"
After all these crazy incidents, they survive..
I feel like a failure but at the same time, these boys need to learn their boundaries!!!!
Anyone has any suggestions?
2 comments:
ohmy!! What a week! I am so sorry that happened to you and your kids! I am more offended that someone would call you stupid! This happens to EVERY mother!! Don't feel back, our kids just don't know, even when we do our best . . . Good luck and I hope you have a nice relaxing week!
How stressful! This sounds like a nightmare, but don't beat yourself up, these things happen to everyone! I'm sorry people gave you a hard time. You're a wonderful Mom <3
Post a Comment