最近、子供達が小さいうちに(思春期が来てお母さん離れする前に)子供達との時間を楽しもうと努力しています。が、ショーンが学校から帰って来たら、ほぼ毎日戦争のよう。。
特に最悪なのは夕飯の準備。普段はDVDをつけてて、カイルはそれに夢中。ただ、自閉症を持っているショーンはなかなかじっとしていられません。大体、カイルの髪を舐めたり、叫んだり、ソファーに飛び上がったり飛び降りたり、などなど。とにかく私の注目を求めて色々します。
今日はまた弟の髪を度々舐めるので、さすがの弟も大好きなDVDを背に私に助けを求めに来ました。そうして弟をなぐさめているうちに兄はカーペット(大きいサイズ)でとつぜんパンツ脱いでおしっこ!!ジャーと音を聞きながら、体でショーンを止めようと必死で動こうとするけど12キロある弟君を抱っこしたまま早く動けず・・みたいなパニック状態で気づいたときには叫んでました。私。。
こういったことはほぼ毎日の夕飯支度時間に起こるので、できるだけショーンが帰って来る前に夕飯の準備は終わらせようと努めています。が、そうすると弟君が暇しちゃったり。。でなかなか思うように毎日はできていないのが現実。
カイルはそんなお兄ちゃんに本当に忍耐強いです。というか本当にお兄ちゃんが好きです。まぁ、生まれたときから自閉症のお兄ちゃんがそばにいる生活だから、忍耐強くされてきたって感じかもしれません。でも、普通の兄弟関係の中ではありえないヘンなストレスに囲まれているカイルのことが不憫に思えることもしばしばです。よく近所の子供たちが遊びに来ては、ショーンと遊びたくないとか、近くにいたくない、と言ってきます。つまり、カイルはショーンにとって唯一の本当の友達なんです。けんかも良くするけど、お互いのことが大好きみたいです。カイルはそういった意味で、私にとって良い模範です。幼い子供って他の人を判断しない(というかできない)っていうことを私に教えてくれている気がします。幼い子供達は自然と無条件の愛=キリストの愛をもっているみたいです。
今日食器を洗っていてこんなビデオをみつけました。(英語だけど)
自閉症のお兄ちゃんについて妹が語っているビデオです。
丁度カイルのことを考えていた日の締めくくりにぴったりのメッセージでした。
涙があふれてきました。結局「私」がカイルのように、またはキリストのようにならないといけない、と気づかされました。
I've been trying to enjoy the time that I have with my boys especially when they are still young(and not hating their mom,yet!). However, it's almost as if I were in a war after Sean comes back from school. The worst time of the day is when I try to cook for dinner. I normally put a dvd on for the boys and Kyle watches it fine but Sean who has autism can't sit still and starts licking his brother's hairs, pushing him, screaming, jumping up and down the couch etc. trying to get my attention. Today, he was licking Kyle's hairs again and again and finally, Kyle complained and stopped watching his favorite dvd and came to me for help. While I was comforting him, Sean took off his pants and started peeing on our living room 10ft*12ft rug!! I screamed as I was struggling trying to get to Sean to physically stop him while I had Kyle(30lbs) in my arm.
This kind of stuff happens almost every day's dinner prep time so I try to do this before Sean gets home. But sometimes, I can't because if I do, Kyle doesn't get attention as much as he wants while I cook.
Kyle has been really patient with his brother, Sean. He truly loves him. It's maybe that he's made to be patient because he has Sean who has autism since he was born. As I was thinking about Kyle, I was worried that he's had to deal with weird stress that not a lot of siblings have to experience:i.e. being licked, hearing screaming etc. When I had other kids over to our house, they always tell me that they don't want to play or stay close to Sean because he does things that they don't like him to do. So, really, the only person that is put up with him for the longest time is Kyle. And probably, he is Sean's best friend now. They fight but they love each other. Kyle is a great example for me. He shows me how a little child doesn't judge (or can't judge) people. They naturally have unconditional love=Christ-like love.
I came across to this short video clip while I was doing dishes tonight.
It was a wonderful conclusion right when I was thinking about Kyle.
Tears came down my cheeks. I came to realize that "I" need to be better like Kyle or like Christ.
6 comments:
This was beautiful! You made me cry. Love you and your boys!
上の人にアーメンだよ!世界は本当に美しいなと思いました。ちよちゃんは本当に素晴らしい模範だよ。
beautiful! Although the difficulties you and your other son face having a son with autism are probably such that I can't fully understand, I will tell you that my son licks, screams at, scares and does crazy things to his little sister. And now the little sister has become the big sister and she lays on, pinches, bites and smothers the baby. I think siblings all have some scars from each other, but they also learn deep love and patience too. Hang in there! You are amazing!
P.S. We want to come to the big island this summer in June. Will you be there? I'd love to see you!
It made me cry too, Chiyo. BIG HUG!! I love you and your boys too.
ほんとにちよちゃんは母親として模範だよ〜。
私なんてほんのちょっとしたことでイライラしちゃって、つわり中とはいえ子供たちにたくさん忍耐してもらっちゃってるなー。今のうちから母は完璧ではないということを教えちゃってるよ。笑
同じワードや友達の子にも障害を持った子が何人かいるけど、やっぱり見たり話を聞いてて、その子本人もその家族も特別だなって思う。特別に神様の目的があるということを感じるよ。
そのお母さんも、その子のこともだけど、ちよちゃんと同じで兄弟のことをいつも心配してたかな。
でも誤解を招く言い方かもしれないけど、病気や障害を持っている人やその家族をみるときに、特別に清く神様にいつも近くいるなということを感じるよ。
ちよちゃんのブログを読んでても同じ気持ちだよー。
今の経験を通してちよちゃんが将来他の人に奉仕してる姿がめっちゃ想像できてます☆
でも現実にはいろいろそういう大変なことがあるよね。
ちよちゃんお疲れさま、がんばりすぎず無理しないでね☆
ちよちゃんの頑張りと模範に励まされるよ〜。ありがとう!
Jamie! Yes, we will be around. Ian just changed his job so we will move but will still be in waimea or waikoloa(kona side).
Will love to see you guys!!
Post a Comment