またハプニング続出な一週間でした
月曜日:私の両親から小包が届く
宣教師たちが夕飯にくる→食事中にカイル逃走→近所のおじさんが発見して知らせにきてくれる→おじさん宣教師を見て、教会に興味深々、教会に来たいと言い出す!
次男逃走がきっかけで、宣教師たちは善い人に出会えて喜んでいた。。なんじゃそりゃ?!な夜でした。神様って面白い方法で人を導かれます。ね。
A lot of things happened this week..
Monday: We received a package from my parents
The missionaries came for dinner→Kyle ran away while we were still having a dinner→one of our neighbors found him and came to tell us→He saw the missionaries in our house and started showing interest in the church! I guess our crazy child led the guy to meet the missionaries?! God surely has an interesting way to perform his work, doesn't he?
| 逃亡者は最後の最後までハチャメチャ。撮影中にも勘違い?して祈り中 Kyle was saying a prayer while I was taking a photo of them.. |
| 両親から送られて来た品の一つ なぜかおばあちゃんの家で小さい頃に食べていたのを思い出す味 懐かしかったです ありがとう |
そして彼らハマり中の恐竜のおそろいシャツも
My parents sent the boys their matching dinosaur T-shirts!
火曜日:カイル公園で頭から落ちて頭切って救急外来へ
血だらけで泣き叫ぶ彼。でも祖父母に送ってもらった貴重な日本のお菓子を手に渡すとハタッと泣き止む。次の瞬間「おいしいね〜」と感想まで。すごいです。日本のお菓子!
ちなみに傷はホチキスで二カ所。傷薬も何もつけてくれなかったので、無理矢理ガーゼと包帯を付けてもらいました。アメリカ来て厚かましくなったわ。わたし。
Tuesday: Kyle fell off the play structure and cut his head open. I took him to the ER.
He was bleeding and was crying a lot in the car, but once I gave him our precious Japanese candy that my parents sent, he stopped crying immediately. Next moment: "hmmm, yummy!" It's the power of Japanese candy. He ended up getting two staples for the wound. They were going to let us go home without any bandage, etc., so I had to make them put gauze and bandages on him! geez!
金曜日:イアン、ヒルトンホテルのタイムシェア契約部門の就職内定決定!
ここに来てから高校で日本語を教えるつもりが、プログラムの手違いで小学校4年生の担任をやらされていた夫。全然違う仕事の内容と低賃金にストレスはピークに。私たち家族も大変でした。ということで、日本語をどうにか使う仕事がしたい!とヒルトンに申し込んでみました。以前から不動産に興味はあった彼、今回はうまくいくといいけれど。とりあえずお祝い?でコナまでドライブ。タイ料理をお持ち帰りしてビーチで夕飯。普段見慣れている夕日がこのひは格別奇麗に見えました。
Friday: Ian got a job offer from Hilton Waikoloa. We came to this island for his teaching program, Teach for America. He originally wanted to teach Japanese at a high school but there were a lot of sidetracks he had to endure instead. In the end, he was thrown in to a position at an elementary school. The job was totally different from what he expected and the pay was not enough to support a family of four! He was stressed out so much that it was difficult for us as a family. Anyhow, from now on he will be using his Japanese and will be able to wet his feet in international real estate and hospitality. He is excited, and so am I! We celebrated it by driving down to Kona with take-out Thai food and ate on the beach. The normal sunset looked even more beautiful with the great news.
土曜日:またイルカ見にいきました
Saturday: We went to see the dolphins again.
春がき〜た〜 春がき〜た〜
って初夏ですかね
でもここでははっきりした四季がないので
なんか春な気分です
紫キャベツを酢漬けにしたら色が奇麗
お弁当にも便利です
Spring has come!
Well, it's actually early summer already,
but there are no definitive changes in seasons here.
I still feel like it's spring.
Maybe, I'm getting island fever..
I picked up a red cabbage at the farmers' market the other day
I marinated it with vinegrette and it turned into a pretty pink color
I found it such a nice small side dish to add a color kick.
はい。またカメラテク欠乏。
ピントが違う人に当たってます
トホホ
Again, my poor camera technique..
The focus was on the wrong person!
oh boy






4 comments:
そんな大変な経緯があったんだね。でもイアン新しい就職先見つかってよかったねー!!
ハワイは適当というか・・・スローと言うか・・・。
ほんといいことも大変なことも盛りだくさんな1週間だね…!
カイルくん実はめっちゃ御霊に導かれて逃走してたりして。笑
仕事よかったね〜、男の人にとって仕事の内容はかなり重要よね。家族にとって賃金も重要だしね。
Congrats to Ian on the new job! This is great. <3
子供たち、だんだんカメラ目線で楽しそうな写真がふえてきたね。それにしても毎日色々事件があってビックリ!!!
Post a Comment