![]() | ||
| 海外で盆踊りに参加したのは初めて さすが日本人の血を受け継ぐ人たちが多いだけあってここワイメアの田舎町でもこんなに本格的な盆踊り大会が開かれていました It was my first time seeing "Obon dance" in the out side of Japan. They held it here in Waimea! I was impressed. |
![]() |
| ハワイ風浴衣! Yukata with Hawaiian design on it. |
Long time ago, many people from Japan immigrated to Hawaii to work in the plantations.
They were treated like animals and had a difficult time adjusting to a whole new world. When I saw what their postarity has inherited, I felt that those people missed their home land which is too far to go back. We are losing a lot of our traditions in Japan, and I'm sad to admit that I am one of them who don't know those traditions much. However, when I saw this event in Hawaii and saw younger generations enjoying it, I felt like those first Japanese's spirits were there.
-obon dance: wikipedia


No comments:
Post a Comment